Announced 12th February 2007 at 3GSM along with the E61i, E90, N77, and 6110, the E65 is the first Nokia Eseries device in slider format. The E65 has FCC approval, and the phone is also nice and slender like the Nokia N95 rather than the chunky Nokia N80.
The E65 has been superseded by the Nokia E66.
- Engadget Mobile - E65 gains FCC approval
- MobilMania.sk - E65 details and photos
- Darla Mack - E65 sexy in red - more E65 pics
- Phone Arena - E65 overview
- Symbian Guru - E65 video demo and more E65 details
- Lohenette - order an E65 now - 375 Euro + VAT (22%)
- IDEsan - order an N65 now - 348 Euro + VAT (22%)
- Ring Nokia - huge E65 gallery - great pics
- Gizmodo - E65 overview
- All About Symbian - E65 slides into view
- All About Symbian - E65 - is it all in the marketing?
- S60.com - E65 overview and specifications
- E-Series blog - Nokia E65 - Four keys that will make a difference!
- Forum Nokia - detailed specifications
- All About Symbian - E65 review
- The Register - E65 review
- E-Series blog - E65 mini-review lovely pics.
As the E65 has a camera, how does this device differentiate itself from the multimedia oriented N80 and N95? The answer seems to be all the Enterprise related features enhanced for voice usage, with the additional keys around the d-pad oriented to business phone usage (conference, my own, mute, and contacts), and the VoIP capabilities. The E65 also features all the email capabilities of the other Nokia Eseries devices.
- S60 3.0 feature pack 1, Symbian OS 9.1
- Wi-Fi (802.11g), Bluetooth (1.2), IRDA, Pop-port (no USB socket)
- GSM (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz), EGPRS, UMTS (2100 MHz)
- VoIP over WLAN using SIP (with STUN for NAT traversal)
- 16.7 million colour QVGA (320x240 pixel) display
- camera 2 MPx (1600x1200)
- memory card format MicroSD (up to 2GB)
- no camera for video-calls
- dimensions 105 x 49 x 15.5 mm 118g (with standard BL-5F 1000 mAh Li-Ion battery)
- colours brown/silver or red/silver
- available Q1 2007
Categories: Form Factor Slider